Friday 22 July 2011

Street art?

I tend to use the term "graffiti" rather than "street art". The latter seems a lot like the term "graphic novel" - a way to indicate that this is a culturally-worthy version of an otherwise worthless medium, which isn't really a judgement I'm interested in making. That said, graffiti usually means painting, so I guess I'm going to have to broaden my vocabulary for this post for reasons that will soon become clear.

There's a street party taking place in Whitecross Street this weekend and there's a lot of street art on display. Most of it is available to buy, with a portion of the proceeds going to SHP, a charity for homeless people in London. I tried to identify as many of the artists as possible, but couldn't quite figure them all out.




Mr. E. Dawe. Say it out loud.

Roach by Ronzo.




Possibly by Hicks?


The dog-Mona Lisa is by Teddy Baden. I'm not sure about the purple Frankenstein's monster on the right.



My personal favourite. Possibly by David Bray.

No comments:

Post a Comment